July 23, 2014 Login  

I wish I had put in this kind of training.....
Last Post 06/30/2014 05:24 PM by Cosmic Kid. 2 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Cosmic Kid

--
06/30/2014 11:22 AM
....when I was just bike racing. 19 hours of training last week. 19!!! Included in that was 260 miles of riding, a bunch if water-running (injured calf), a bit of actual running (run / walk protocol) and just under 10K yds of swimming. If I put in 19 hours / week on just the bike, I would have put in ~380 miles. Hell, the 260 miles I did do would have been a massive week for me back when I was bike racing. This IM training is just ridiculous....I don't know how people do it every year (or multiple times per year).
Just say "NO!" to WCP!!!!
ChinookPass

--
06/30/2014 12:48 PM
I've said that a lot to myself recently because I also have a much higher mileage volume than when I was racing and every year in June when the local mountainous stage races roll around ask myself what if I were to pin a number on...? Maybe next year.

Which IM race are you targeting?
Cosmic Kid

--
06/30/2014 05:24 PM
IMWI in Madison. But I have the IM 70.3 Racine in 3 weeks. Was hoping for a decent result in Racine, but 3 weeks with no running should put paid to that idea.

Madison is September 7. In between I will probably race the USAT Nationals since I qualified a few weeks ago at Leon's Triathlon. I'm gonna get completely crushed, but it should be a fun experience.
Just say "NO!" to WCP!!!!
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.1

Latest Forum Posts
ESPN 30/30 Lemond/Hinault posted in The Coffee Shop

Pro cyclists tough, maybe? posted in Professional Racing

Clic Magnetic Glasses posted in The Coffee Shop

Should I get one of these ? posted in Gear Advice

No articles match criteria.
  Terms and Conditions | Privacy Policy  Copyright 2008-2013 by VeloNation LLC