July 28, 2014 Login  

I wish I had put in this kind of training.....
Last Post 06/30/2014 05:24 PM by Cosmic Kid. 2 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Cosmic Kid

--
06/30/2014 11:22 AM
....when I was just bike racing. 19 hours of training last week. 19!!! Included in that was 260 miles of riding, a bunch if water-running (injured calf), a bit of actual running (run / walk protocol) and just under 10K yds of swimming. If I put in 19 hours / week on just the bike, I would have put in ~380 miles. Hell, the 260 miles I did do would have been a massive week for me back when I was bike racing. This IM training is just ridiculous....I don't know how people do it every year (or multiple times per year).
Just say "NO!" to WCP!!!!
ChinookPass

--
06/30/2014 12:48 PM
I've said that a lot to myself recently because I also have a much higher mileage volume than when I was racing and every year in June when the local mountainous stage races roll around ask myself what if I were to pin a number on...? Maybe next year.

Which IM race are you targeting?
Cosmic Kid

--
06/30/2014 05:24 PM
IMWI in Madison. But I have the IM 70.3 Racine in 3 weeks. Was hoping for a decent result in Racine, but 3 weeks with no running should put paid to that idea.

Madison is September 7. In between I will probably race the USAT Nationals since I qualified a few weeks ago at Leon's Triathlon. I'm gonna get completely crushed, but it should be a fun experience.
Just say "NO!" to WCP!!!!
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.1

Latest Forum Posts
Awesome performance by the Lanterne Rouge posted in Professional Racing

shaving time off your next race posted in Gear Advice

HUGE props to Nibali..... posted in Professional Racing

Largest margin of victory in TDF posted in The Coffee Shop

NBC's TdF Review Show posted in Professional Racing

No articles match criteria.
  Terms and Conditions | Privacy Policy  Copyright 2008-2013 by VeloNation LLC