interesting article on exhaustion: physical or mental?
Last Post 06/09/2014 10:31 AM by Joe Rockbottom. 2 Replies.
Author Messages
Orange Crush

--
06/07/2014 06:24 PM
Scroll down to below athlete comment to actual article, pretty interesting. http://alainlambert.wordpress.com/2014/05/11/what-we-call-exhaustion-isnt-the-inability-to-continue-its-giving-up/
Pin0Q0

--
06/08/2014 07:24 PM
Good perspective but long, over analyzed and I’m not totally convinced. I think pain threshold varies per individual, and ultimately athletes with high pain threshold are the ones that can perform on a pro level.

My question to the author would be (at least about myself) is how your pain threshold varies from day to the next. Granted by no means do I follow a strict diet or training regime, I ride three to four times a week, but my threshold varies on the same ride, for instance, rode Thursday after work 38m, very little climbing, rest Friday, and rode 72 miles Saturday with about 3000 ft of climbing, which included the Manayunk wall. Felt like crap all day in the saddle, thighs screaming, knee clicking and felt my hamstrings were going to pop. I rode the exact loop today, felt no pain and hammered with no issues, I was well fueled both days. Makes no sense!! My 2c.
C2K_Rider

--
06/09/2014 10:31 AM
This is a revelation? Not sure why. I wonder if the researcher ever competed in anything.

---
Active Forums 4.1