July 22, 2014 Login  

XTR Di2
Last Post 06/02/2014 10:05 AM by Dale Dale. 3 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
jmdirt

--
06/02/2014 08:36 AM
I'm looking forward to this trickling down to XT. I tired the K-Edge Di2 converted for mountain bikes a few years ago and liked it. The dirt specific stuff by Shimano should be even better.
jrt1045

--
06/02/2014 09:25 AM
interesting development but after seeing first hand, the cost of high end mtb stuff getting thrashed, I am a little leery of smashing this stuff into the PA rocks and mud. I would settle for enhancements of XT and SLX

It is still kinda neat though in that you just want an easier gear and just push a button and the system moves it all around on the rings as it sees fit

saw an XX1 rear der. crap the bed this weekend, assuming that is like $400 or so. if single ring trickles down to a price that is consumer friendly with weight and performance? that might be the ticket for a while.

For the record (slight drigt here), I am tired of seeing folks attempt to run weight oriented mtb parts in environmentally inappropriate situations.
longslowdistance

--
06/02/2014 09:44 AM
Ditto on your last comment. What elite racers need may be even farther from regular riders on dirt than on the road. Just built up a new MTB for me with X9. A bitty porky, but robust.
Dale

--
06/02/2014 10:05 AM
When I can pick up take-off RD's at the local bike shop for $50.00 to run on my cross bike as I can 105 and sometimes Ultegra then I'll consider Di2 or XX1. With RD's being a 'consumable' part in cross racing and mbt'ing I like to take the weight penalty rather than the financial hit.
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.1

Latest Forum Posts
Clic Magnetic Glasses posted in The Coffee Shop

Should I get one of these ? posted in Gear Advice

Not Doping? posted in The Dark Side

Tirade on road discs posted in Gear Advice

Don't be a hater... posted in The Coffee Shop

No articles match criteria.
  Terms and Conditions | Privacy Policy  Copyright 2008-2013 by VeloNation LLC