July 23, 2014 Login  

Kittel pulling a Cav
Last Post 03/15/2014 11:43 AM by Mike Shea. 16 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12
Author Messages
jacques_anquetil

--
03/15/2014 11:12 AM
Master50--the first time?! there was another time?
Master50

--
03/15/2014 11:43 AM
Posted By jacques anquetil on 03/15/2014 11:12 AM
Master50--the first time?! there was another time?

Yup also a single vehicle accident. My first collar bone 17 years ago was my hand in between the fork and the wheel. It seems the d ring on the nut at the end of my quick release was not in the correct position. I was riding near the day care centre at UVIC and riding maybe 10 KPH when I bent over to reposition the d ring. hit a bump and my hand went against the wheel and the rest is history. A year ago on February 10 I was in traffic at ravine way to turn south in the bike lane on Blanshard. Most of the time I scoot up between the cars and the curb but this day the cars were rolling as the light was green. As I was turning right from mid lane to transition to the curb bike lane a parallel crack changed my wheel position and over the top. high siding to the left of the bike. I landed on my shoulder blade and the collar bone broke close to the arm. Surgery 2 days later and back to work in a week. Back on the bike outdoors in 4. I am symmetrical now. 1 on each side In the second one I just got an ASSOS jacket I bought for a song on Ebay and all I cared about was that the jacket was not torn. It wasn't. I even managed to get the road maintenance company to reimburse the helmet replacement cost. that was a struggle but they made enough mistakes in how they refused to pay that in the end they cornered themselves into a position that might have made a small claim winnable. In the end only the helmet need replacement and frankly falling into a crack on the road was my lesson to learn.
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12

Active Forums 4.1

Latest Forum Posts
ESPN 30/30 Lemond/Hinault posted in The Coffee Shop

Pro cyclists tough, maybe? posted in Professional Racing

Clic Magnetic Glasses posted in The Coffee Shop

Should I get one of these ? posted in Gear Advice

No articles match criteria.
  Terms and Conditions | Privacy Policy  Copyright 2008-2013 by VeloNation LLC