April 19, 2014 Login  

Took my girlfriend to see 'The Armstrong Lie'
Last Post 12/18/2013 07:38 PM by D Sanders. 6 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Dale

--
12/17/2013 09:15 AM
She's a CRNA and was blown away by the medical sloppiness: No gloves when blood samples were taken, the unsanitary conditions when blood transfusions were done, and to her amazement, the episode when the Postal bus fakes a mechanical on the way to the hotel and everyone got their transfusions while the bus was parked at the side of the road. She asked how the vein puncture from a transfusion wasn't obvious to everyone. I have no idea-- in July it's too hot to wear arm warmers, makeup would smear. How did they cover up the needle tracks?
bobswire

--
12/17/2013 09:31 AM
Not my idea of a date to take my girlfriend to. Also," To her amazement, the episode when the Postal bus fakes a mechanical on the way to the hotel and everyone got their transfusions while the bus was parked at the side of the road". I hope you explained to her it's a lot safer to pull over and stop in getting our transfusions than in a moving vehicle except on a bridge or in the middle of a railroad crossing.
Entheo

--
12/17/2013 09:33 AM
was it worth seeing?
Dale

--
12/17/2013 09:46 AM

Really nothing new, we've seen this train wreck play out over the past decade but to the casual observer the movie was a bit of a stunner. She was going on about how -7 was so bold in his declarations of never doping and what a pathological lier he was. I quoted someone here and said we should just be grateful he didn't go into politics or Wall Street.
zootracer

--
12/17/2013 08:31 PM
I think i will wait until I can watch it for free on netflix streaming...which probably won't be long....
longslowdistance

--
12/17/2013 09:29 PM
Who plays Lance?
dvs cycles

--
12/18/2013 07:38 PM
It's a documentary so it is LA as himself.
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.1

Latest Forum Posts
Guess he's gotta make a living... posted in The Dark Side

Interesting book posted in The Coffee Shop

PR: d'OH! posted in The Dark Side

Do you ride by miles or time? posted in The Coffee Shop

Amstel Gold - who have you got posted in Professional Racing

A tough read. Literally, the dark side posted in The Coffee Shop

No articles match criteria.
  Terms and Conditions | Privacy Policy  Copyright 2008-2013 by VeloNation LLC