April 15, 2014 Login  

Took my girlfriend to see 'The Armstrong Lie'
Last Post 12/18/2013 07:38 PM by D Sanders. 6 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Dale

--
12/17/2013 09:15 AM
She's a CRNA and was blown away by the medical sloppiness: No gloves when blood samples were taken, the unsanitary conditions when blood transfusions were done, and to her amazement, the episode when the Postal bus fakes a mechanical on the way to the hotel and everyone got their transfusions while the bus was parked at the side of the road. She asked how the vein puncture from a transfusion wasn't obvious to everyone. I have no idea-- in July it's too hot to wear arm warmers, makeup would smear. How did they cover up the needle tracks?
bobswire

--
12/17/2013 09:31 AM
Not my idea of a date to take my girlfriend to. Also," To her amazement, the episode when the Postal bus fakes a mechanical on the way to the hotel and everyone got their transfusions while the bus was parked at the side of the road". I hope you explained to her it's a lot safer to pull over and stop in getting our transfusions than in a moving vehicle except on a bridge or in the middle of a railroad crossing.
Entheo

--
12/17/2013 09:33 AM
was it worth seeing?
Dale

--
12/17/2013 09:46 AM

Really nothing new, we've seen this train wreck play out over the past decade but to the casual observer the movie was a bit of a stunner. She was going on about how -7 was so bold in his declarations of never doping and what a pathological lier he was. I quoted someone here and said we should just be grateful he didn't go into politics or Wall Street.
zootracer

--
12/17/2013 08:31 PM
I think i will wait until I can watch it for free on netflix streaming...which probably won't be long....
longslowdistance

--
12/17/2013 09:29 PM
Who plays Lance?
dvs cycles

--
12/18/2013 07:38 PM
It's a documentary so it is LA as himself.
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.1

Latest Forum Posts
A tough read. Literally, the dark side posted in The Coffee Shop

Changing a tube posted in The Coffee Shop

I knew who this was just from the helmet posted in Professional Racing

road hubs posted in Gear Advice

Boonen! posted in Professional Racing

Fond memories of this guy… RIP, Ray posted in The Coffee Shop

No articles match criteria.
  Terms and Conditions | Privacy Policy  Copyright 2008-2013 by VeloNation LLC