Injury Mesh
Last Post 07/11/2015 11:47 AM by Cycling Chick. 2 Replies.
Author Messages


07/09/2015 07:47 PM
Yeah, I know I haven't been on in a quite a while. I do lurk like some slimy perv. Anyway...

On April 18th my wife tripped on the carpet remnant. That was left over from the instillation that day. She fell onto a tile floor destroying her right elbow.

The Orthopedic Surgeon put three plates in her elbow. Two in the upper arm and one on the bone in the forearm.

The issue is, after nine weeks and a Plastic Surgeon the incision has finally stopped draining and closed.

I've been instructed by the Plastic Surgeon to keep a gauze pad over her wound.

What is the mesh called that I see in all the cycling photos?

If I could I'd post photos of the wound.


07/10/2015 10:54 AM
Company Systagenix. Product- Silvercel non-adherent. That's what the pros use.

Hope you wife is mending well. I fractured my left elbow in 2011 after hitting a dog on a ride. Mine did not require surgery.
cycling chick


07/11/2015 11:47 AM
Ouch! That sounds painful!
When I had an elbow injury, I used this to keep the gauze in place and it worked like a dream:

I hope that she heals quickly.

Active Forums 4.1