April 03, 2020 Login  

New components for my road bike!!
Last Post 03/17/2020 08:46 AM by Cosmic Kid. 5 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Cosmic Kid

--
03/05/2020 07:44 PM
Old industry buddy hooked me up with a deal for the FSA electronic grouppo....arrived today. Will be going in on my Canyon Aeroroad and the Ultegra mechanical from that will be going on my gravel bike.

Scheduled for installation next Tues...stuff arrived today. Totally digging the lever shape....excited to see how it rides. Full report to follow.
Just say "NO!" to WCP!!!!
Orange Crush

--
03/05/2020 08:26 PM
In a similar vein my Diverge will be transformed to a proper gravel bike over spring break.

GRX800 series with 48/31 and 11-36 gearing for some of the planned tough rides.

38 mm tires to complement replacing the current 32s. That’ll allow dropping down a few bars. Despite the carbon frame offering more tire clearance that is still the max.
Cosmic Kid

--
03/05/2020 08:38 PM
I like the design of the GRX 800 levers....looking forward to a full report.

Cosmic Kid

--
03/16/2020 03:24 PM
Well, this has turned into quite the debacle....the shifter clamps do not fit my bars. FSA sent out a replacement set of clamps, but the problem remains. tried several other bars in the shop, and they clamps only fit on Zipp bars (not Deda, not even FSA)

So today I had to send my bars and the shifters back to FSA for them to evaluate / install....and them wait for them to send them back.

Jeebus......
6ix

--
03/17/2020 08:30 AM
The clamps don't fit? Wow, that's a weird one. You'd think there would be ONE, just ONE single constant in the cycling industry but nope.

Cosmic Kid

--
03/17/2020 08:46 AM
Right?!?!!?

But because of how the positioned the hydraulics, a normal bar clamp would not work....so the clamps were a u-shape and the bolts go through the clamp, then lever body and into the other side of the clamp. Basically a thru-bolt.
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.1
NOT LICENSED FOR PRODUCTION USE
www.activemodules.com

Latest Forum Posts
cleaning the chain posted in Gear Advice

John Prine posted in The Coffee Shop

Bat Woman to the rescue! posted in Off-Topic

Can we still ride outside? posted in Road Cycling

LBS Rant posted in Gear Advice

Where are all my bikes? posted in The Coffee Shop