July 15, 2020 Login  

Alex Zanardi bike wreck
Last Post 06/22/2020 09:01 AM by Cosmic Kid. 3 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Dale

--
06/21/2020 04:01 AM
...crap, hated to see this. Such a magnificent person.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/20/motorsport/alex-zanardi-coma-cycling-accident-paralympics/index.html
zootracer

--
06/21/2020 11:02 AM
Yeah, saw that. Pretty sad. Very brave individual...
79pmooney

--
06/21/2020 12:47 PM
Dale, that brings up a lot of memories for me. My accident and coma and life after. The daughter of my mom's friend, exactly my age (and put me off big time growing up - she was talented, athletic and smart) had a tumor removed from her spinal cord at the same time. (My mom knew, I had no clue.)

A year later I was in her mom's living room, hearing her talk of her depression not being strong enough to get out of the house. I heard someone who had to go through the same hard work I had to do to race that previous summer. Asked her if she was willing to do that work with me as a coach. Yes. And I got to watch her go from barely able to get out of the house on her crutches to walking 2 miles on (the very so-so) Boston residential streets.

Alex Zinardi is far more famous than my friend. But I see the same passion in both. Both know the confines of a hospital room very well. (My visits never exceeded 3 weeks.) I don't know what is in store for him. I just hope his fire doesn't go out while he still has a living body.

Ben
Cosmic Kid

--
06/22/2020 09:01 AM
Good lord...imagine being in not one, but two horrific accidents like Zanardi.

Awful news....hoping for a full recovery.
Just say "NO!" to WCP!!!!
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.1
NOT LICENSED FOR PRODUCTION USE
www.activemodules.com

Latest Forum Posts

Ankle update posted in Road Cycling

bad timind posted in Road Cycling

Velonews posted in Road Cycling

Dirty Kanza brouhaha posted in Road Cycling

Alex Zanardi bike wreck posted in Professional Racing

No articles match criteria.