Kohl signs for three years with Silence-Lotto
  November 27, 2014 Login  

Current Articles    |   Archives    |   RSS Feeds    |   Search

Monday, September 08, 2008

Kohl signs for three years with Silence-Lotto

by Agence France-Presse at 6:53 AM EST   comments
Categories: Pro Cycling
 
Austrian cyclist Bernhard Kohl, third in this year's Tour de France, announced on Monday he has signed a three-year deal with the Silence-Lotto team.

His Gerolsteiner team announced at the end of last month they were dissolving after their German mineral water sponsors decided not to renew sponsorship at the end of 2008 season.

"The entire team (Silence-Lotto) give priority to the Tour (de France), it was the decisive point," said Kohl, adding that he would like to win the event "in the next two or three years".

Kohl, 26, will be the team's number two rider behind Australian Cadel Evans, who finished second in the Tour de France. "I had to choose between being the captain or having a strong team," said the Austrian, who added that working for 32-year-old Evans "is important for my personal training. I can learn a lot from him".
      comments




Subscribe via RSS or daily email

WHAT'S HAPPENING RIGHT NOW
  Terms and Conditions | Privacy Policy  Copyright 2008-2013 by VeloNation LLC